In our Neuro-Rehabilitation track of the Residential Program, we provide 24-hour support in a calming, home-like environment, with varying degrees of direct supervision based on the client's needs. A Clinical Nurse oversees medical care with a team of Direct Support Professionals for additional medical support.
Program Admission Criteria
- Male or female 18 years or older with a primary diagnosis of neurological dysfunction or developmental disability*
- Requires more than 12 hours of structured support or supervision per day
- May require more intensive supervision (i.e. 15-minute checks, 30-minute checks, 60-minute checks)
- Moderate assistance with basic activities of daily living
- Medically stable, free from acute infection or fever, non-ventilator dependent, and requires no advanced medical care; however, may require nursing support for oversight of medical needs
- Minimum Ranchos Los Amigos Levels of 4/5
- Participates in a minimum of 3 hours of structured programming per day
- Not a danger to self or others
- Not actively engaged in substance use
Levels of Supervision
- Standard – up to moderate assistance in functional areas
- Intensive – maximum assistance in functional areas
- One on One – requires 1 to 1 staff support in functional or behavioral areas
- Treatment team’s assessment indicates that the individual has achieved a level of functional independence requiring fewer than 12 hours of daily support or supervision
- Individual’s behavior is not compatible with the program goals, group activities, or may prevent the progress of other participants**
- Poses a risk or danger to self or others**
- Individual meets admission criteria of another program track in the Origami continuum and may transition accordingly
- Interruption to secure funding
* Origami specializes in neurological rehabilitation; however, provides services to individuals with other diagnoses as long as the established admission criteria are met.
**A discharge procedure will be followed ensuring the opportunity to access other appropriate resources.