We offer a wide range of single, multiple, and day treatment services to improve the successful outcome of each individual we serve. Our holistic approach raises the potential for recovery, especially for those using more than one service. We create custom treatment plans during admission that clearly define the rehabilitation goals and potential discharge plans.
- Male or female 16 years or older with a primary diagnosis of neurological dysfunction (Upon individual case evaluation and determination, Origami may serve individuals 14-15 years old )
- Requires retraining due to effects of injuries/disabilities
- Medically stable and free from acute infection or fever
- Does not require daily skilled nursing from Origami personnel while on campus
- Minimum Ranchos Los Amigos Level of 4/5
- Not a danger to self or others
- Not actively engaged in substance abuse
- Individual achieves a level of functional independence and/or achieves long term goals necessitating the discontinuation of professional rehabilitation services as deemed by the applicable service and/or treatment team.
- Behavior is not compatible with the program goals, group activities, or may prevent the progress of other participants*
- Poses a risk or danger to self or others*
- Meets admission criteria of another program in the Origami continuum and may transition accordingly
- Interruption to secure funding
*A discharge procedure will be followed ensuring the opportunity to access other appropriate resources.
Origami specializes in neurological rehabilitation. Diagnoses may include but are not limited to, cerebral palsy, movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, neurological deficits stemming from aneurysm, seizure, and/or tumor, neuromuscular disease, Parkinson's Disease, post-concussion syndrome, spinal cord injury, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.