In our Semi-Independent Living track of the Residential Program, six private, onsite apartments that offer a middle step between 24 hour support and living in an independent location. Rehabilitation Aides offer support up to five hours a day. Emergency support is available 24 hours a day.
- Male or female, 18 years or older with a primary diagnosis of brain injury (ages 16-17 may be admitted with special consideration)
- Requires fewer than 5 hours of daily support (Semi-Independent Living). Support may include basic and/or instrumental activities of daily living
- Transfers self with no more than modified independence
- Medically stable, free from acute infection or fever
- Does not require daily skilled nursing and direct oversight of medical needs beyond the support provided by Care Coordination
- Minimum Ranchos Los Amigos Levels of 6/7
- Engaged in, or actively pursuing, productive activity including, but not limited to: work, school, vocational/avocational activity, or extensive rehabilitation
- Not a danger to self or others
- Not actively engaged in substance use
- Treatment team’s assessment indicates that the client has achieved a level of functional independence requiring limited support
- Behavior is not compatible with the program goals, group activities, or may prevent the progress of other participants*
- Poses a risk or danger to self or others*
- Meets admission criteria of another program in the Origami continuum and may transition accordingly
- Interruption to secure funding*
*A discharge procedure will be followed ensuring the opportunity to access other appropriate resources.