Driving can be an important part of gaining greater independence. At Origami, our Driver Rehabilitation service features a state-of-the-art driving simulator and behind-the-wheel evaluations in our specially equipped vehicle used for on-the-road evaluations and training. Origami’s team can assist at various points within the driver rehabilitation journey. Whether it be learning to drive with a disability, returning to driving after an injury, or reassessing driving safety in aging adults.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find the most frequently asked questions that we get from people about our Driver Rehabilitation service.
To be admitted into the Driver Rehabilitation service, individuals must be:
- Episode free of seizures or any other condition change in mental status that may affect driving for a period of 6 months (for behind-the-wheel training)
- Valid driver’s license permit (for behind-the-wheel training)
- Michigan residents with a suspended license may be eligible for a temporary instruction permit
Our Driver Rehabilitation service benefits drivers of all ages with neurological and/or developmental disabilities through behind-the-wheel evaluations and retraining services. Our expert occupational therapists are Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialists who provide:
- Alternative Transportation Consultation
- Comprehensive Clinical Assessment
- Driver Cessation Counseling
- Driver Readiness and Rehabilitation Evaluation and Training
- Senior Driving Evaluation
- Vehicle Modification/Conformance Assessments
We are here to help you navigate the funding process. We encourage you to call us with any questions and we will assist you with exploring various benefits and options.